We cordially invite you to participate in the First International Elite Gynecologic Surgery Competition, which is jointly hosted by AME Publishing Company and the West China Second University Hospital of Sichuan University.
AME Publishing Company has successfully held a series of surgical video competitions since 2012 and has received positive responses and recognition from surgeons domestically and abroad. The contest not only provides a platform for competition and mutual learning, it also provides young surgeons with an opportunity to participate in a dialogue of views with international leading experts.
All gynecologists are eligible to participate in this competition, and the competition includes all of the operations in the field of gynecology. The contest will be held based on the submission of videos via the internet, and the review process will be performed online. The video expert judges will be editorial board members from the journal Gynecology and Pelvic Medicine (GPM). The winners of the event will have priority access for publishing their surgical video articles in GPM. The winners of the competition will be invited to attend the award ceremony that will be held at the West China Gynecology Forum in December of 2019, and will have an opportunity for a one-week study tour of the West China Second University Hospital.
We eagerly await your submission of the videos!
Stage 1. Video Collection: 2019/5/17 - 2019/9/2 (Deadline)
Stage 2. Video Review: 2019/9/3 - 2019/9/25
Stage 3. Competition Results: 2019/9/27 (Email notification)
Stage 4. Article Writing: 2019/9/28 - 2019/10/28
Stage 5. Award Ceremony: 2019/12/14
All gynecologists are eligible to participate in this competition.
Participants should first fill in the first attachment and then email it to the AME editorial office. The subject of the email should be, “2019 Masters of Gynecologic Surgery-Participant’s Full Name.” After receiving a receipt of confirmation from the editorial office, please send the videos and accompanying materials (second attachment) to:
Recipient: Lucine M. Gao, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attachments: Please download the attachments at the bottom of this page.
Deadline for submission: 2019/9/2.
1. Thematic range: operations in the field of gynecology.
All videos must be original works and neither published nor submitted to other surgical video contests.
2. Video Requirements：
(1) Video Length: within 15 mins. Chinese characters are not allowed in the video.
(2) Video Format: MP4、Flash video (.flv), MPEG, DVD video format, MOV, AVI, and WMV. H.264/mp4 for the video codec and AAC for the audio codec is recommended.
(3) Screen Ratio: 4:3 or 16:9.
(4) Resolution: no less than 640×480 (no less than 854×480 in widescreen format)
(5) The corresponding author must confirm in the Copyright Transfer Agreement that he/she has received a signed release form from each patient recorded on the submitted video. Ideally, patients should not be identifiable in these videos.
(6) No background music should be inserted into the video. All materials submitted should be by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) and be original unless appropriate permission is obtained.
3. Illustrating text (attachment 2)：
It is recommended that the video be accompanied by a descriptive text in English. The text includes the following information:
(1)Title for the video.
(2)Author(s): limited to 6 authors, including full name, education level, and affiliation.
(3)Corresponding author: full name, email, and phone number.
(4)Abstract: summary of the video, limited to 350 words.
(5)Video description: detailed descriptions of the surgical operation procedures in a step-by-step format.
(6)Comments：comments and discussions on the operative techniques, possible pitfalls and the comparison of the described procedure with other methods are encouraged.
(7)Conflict of interests: anything that need to be disclosed.
(8)Corresponding author of the video should sign the “Copyright Transfer Agreement” in the second attachment.
1. Review Team: editorial board members from Gynecology and Pelvic Medicine
Editorial Board Member
Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital, South Africa
Rambam Health Care Campus, Israel
Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Canada
Cleveland Clinic, Lerner College of Medicine, USA
University Hospital of Bern, University of Bern, Switzerland
Keck School of Medicine, University Southern California, USA
MUHC Reproductive Centre, Canada
Attilio Di Spiezio Sardo
University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Ambrogio P Londero
University of Udine, Italy
Rossella E. Nappi
University of Pavia , Italy
University of Sassari, Italy
Ospedale Policlinico San Martino, Italy
Maria Luisa Gasparri
Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Italy
Yong Sang Song
Seoul National University College of Medicine, Republic of Korea
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy
Philippe R. Koninckx
Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
University Hospitals Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Antonio Simone Lagana
"Filippo Del Ponte" Hospital, University of Insubria, Italy
Humanitas Research Hospital, Italy
David G. Mutch
Washington University School of Medicine, USA
Anna Maria Paoletti
University of Cagliari, University Hospital of Cagliari, Italy
Hôpital A. de Villeneuve, France
Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria of Cagliari, Italy
IRCCS - Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Italy
2. Judging Criteria：
Videos will be judged based on how effective the videos are in promoting gynecologic surgery techniques by the editorial board member from GPM following the 5 standards below (100 points total):
• Operative Difficulty（20 points）
• The standardization and the fluency of the operation（20 points）
• Originality（20 points）
• Quality of the video（20 points）
• Educational values of video demonstration （20 points）
The adjudicators will pick two first, three seconds and five third prize winners from the entries.
1. Winners will be awarded the certificate “2019 Masters of Gynecologic Surgery”.
2. All the winning videos will stand a chance to be published in Gynecology and Pelvic Medicine (GPM, http://gpm.amegroups.com)
3. Winners will be sponsored by the organizers to attend the award ceremony which will be held in West China Gynecology Forum in December 2019. The sponsor will cover the round-trip travel (remarks: economy-class air ticket or second-class seat of the high-speed train) and 2 nights accommodation.
4. Winners have an opportunity for a one-week study tour of the West China Second University Hospital. All travel fees, including accommodation, transportation, and food shall be borne by the winners.
Term of Confidentiality
All information and materials collected for this contest will not be used for any non-academic purpose. We reserve all the rights for the final explanation of the competition and all the videos.
For any inquiry, please contact us at email@example.com