This special series on “Uterine Fibroids: Various Aspects with Current Perspectives” is co-edited by Dr. Omer Lutfi Tapisiz and Dr. Sadiman Kiykac Altinbas, from Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey.
Omer Lutfi Tapisiz, MD, PhD
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Guven Hospital
Dr. Tapisiz was born in Ankara in 1977 and graduated from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 2000. He had residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Zekai Tahir Burak Women’s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey between 2001-2006. After completing his compulsory service at Kızılcahamam State Hospital, he started to work as an Assistant Professor at Etlik Zubeyde Hanim Women’s Health Training and Research Hospital, Ankara in 2010. In 2012, he was trained on Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and Robotic Surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch. He completed his PhD in Medical Pharmacology at Gazi University Faculty of Medicine in 2014. In 2016, he was awarded the MIG Surgeon Diploma by successfully completing the Minimal Invasive Gynaecological (MIG) Surgeon Level Program under GESEA (Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment). He became an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2013 and has over 100 articles and over 1000 citations in national and international journals (h-index: 17 [12.11.2020]). He is still working as a chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department in Ankara Guven Hospital, Turkey and continuing his scientific studies.
Sadiman Kiykac Altinbas, MD
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Sadiman Kiykac Altinbas, MD, is an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Güven Hospital in Ankara. Dr Altinbas received her undergraduate and medical degree from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 2001. She completed her OB/GYN residency training at Etlik Zübeyde Hanım Women's Health Training and Research Hospital in Ankara in 2007, followed by Minimally Invasive and Robotic Gynecological Surgery training at Columbia University St. Luke and Roosevelt Hospitals in New York, in 2013.
She completed Assisted Reproductive Therapy (IVF) certification training in Ankara in 2013. She received the Gynecological Surgery diploma programme within the scope of GESEA (Gynecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment) in 2016.
Dr Altinbas’ clinical practice focuses on minimally invasive treatment options for women with a wide variety of benign gynecologic issues, including uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, including every aspect of pelvic floor disorders.
She is the author of more than 70 publications in peer-reviewed journals and continuing her scientific studies.
- A Historical Perspective of Myomectomy: Past, Present, and Future
- Are There Any Limits for Hysterescopic Myomectomy? Tips & Tricks
- Are Uterine Fibroids an Obstacle to Vaginal Hysterectomy? Tips & Tricks
- When Should Myomectomy Be Performed by Laparotomy?
- Are There Any Limits for Robotic-assisted Laparoscopic Myomectomy? Tips & Tricks
- The Meaning and Management of Uterine Fibroids in Pregnancy
- Should We Perform Myomectomy During Cesarean Section? Tips & Tricks
- Are There Any Limits for Laparoscopic Myomectomy? Tips & Tricks
- Uterine Fibroids & Infertility: Which Fibroids Should Be Removed?
- Urogynecologic Complications of Uterine Fibroids and Their Managements
- Uterine Stem Cells in Fibroids: Role in Pathobiology and Therapeutic Implications
- Occult Leiomyosarcomas During Myomectomy: What Should Be Considered?
- Uterine Adenomyoma: What We Know, and What We Don’t Know?
- How Could the Uterine Fibroids Affect the Ivf Out-comes?
- Morcellation Techniques in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery in the New Era
The series “Uterine Fibroids: Various Aspects with Current Perspectives” was commissioned by the editorial office, Gynecology and Pelvic Medicine without any sponsorship or funding. Omer Lutfi Tapisiz and Sadiman Kiykac Altinbas are serving as the unpaid Guest Editors for the series.